0151 666 8981
about 1 year ago
Due to continued success I have an exciting new opportunity for a Principal Civil Engineer to join a leading international design and project management consultancy at their Leeds office.
The client are a Leading international Engineering and Project Management consultancy with a wealth of experience delivering projects in industries such as Maritime, Coastal, Aviation, Buildings, Energy, Infrastructure and Water.
The Principal Civil Engineer will be responsible for building and developing relationships and opportunities in the north between the Water, Transport Planning and Transport Design teams in terms of providing an integrated service which covers all aspects of drainage, surface water management, SUDs and flood risk assessment to support developers, planning consultants and local authority planners.
- Assisting in growing the team and the private sector workload, in addition to providing the core technical input and project direction on an agreed portfolio of projects
- Developing and delivering a growth plan for Water related Private Sector Support Services, including Flood Risk Assessments, Strategic Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Strategies, Drainage Designs, SUDs Design and/or Assessment, Planning Phase Support and Drainage Modelling
- To liaise with the core Water Consultancy Services team in the UK to ensure consistency of deliverables and quality
- Liaising with the Transport Planning and Transport Design teams to identify opportunities to support joint growth aspirations and manage overlapping Water and Drainage related opportunities and activities
- Mentoring and managing resources to deliver these works and support other offices if required
- Identifying additional training, development and recruitment needs to support anticipated workload and future growth aspirations
- Working collaboratively with the Team Leaders and take an active role in providing technical support, staff development and mentoring for more junior technical staff
- Working collaboratively with other senior staff in delivering Engineering and design across the Water UK business
The ideal Principal Civil Engineer:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer via ICE or CIWEM or a Chartered Scientist with CIWEM with significant post-qualification experience
- Experience in the private sector market
- Working knowledge and experience of NEC3 contract management
- Experience of Flood Risk Assessments, SUDs Design, Drainage Design, Drainage Strategies, Strategic Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Modelling
- Knowledge and practical experience of civil engineering industry and environmental procedures and best practice
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.