£38 - £40 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 year ago
Aprox 12 months
Various asset care tasks and projects including:
- Vit Product Store Inspection System
- WVP Shield Doors
- In-Cell Roller Replacement
- Filter Flask Export
- BD2 Polar Crane
Responsible for scoping, resourcing, estimating, scheduling, forecasting, specification, analysis and leading a team of Internal and External Engineers and Designers to produce design deliverables for all stages of the SL gated Process from Studies (scoping for asset care) through to Detailed Design and support to Manufacture, Installation and Commissioning.
Where necessary support the Mechanical RE in the setup of external design and /or manufacturing contracts.
Educational Professional Qualifications Required
Chartered Engineer Status from a relevant professional institution
- Demonstrable track record of full project lifecycle delivery and the use of management systems.
- Demonstrable excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable evidence of strong leadership and organisation skills.
- Experience of managing a team of (internal and external) engineers and designers (across various locations/sites)
- Understanding and working knowledge of commercial arrangements including NEC3 for design delivery.
- Pragmatic approach (FFP) to problem solving and ability to apply engineering judgement.
- Programme and estimate preparation and forecasting to provide underpinned robust project & task estimates.
- Understanding and working knowledge of safety cases in support of asset care and project work.
- SQEP Designer to SR0754
- SQEP Level 3 for Mechanical Handling systems, Beta Gamma Remote Handling and General Mechanical Design
- Understanding and experience of relevant legislation, standards and procedures with the ability to produce calculations relevant to mechanical equipment and Mechanical Handling/Remote Handling design
- Monitored Worker, or ability to obtain monitored worked status
- P1 / P4 pass holder including SL logon
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.