£32000 - £33000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8968
over 1 year ago
12 months initially
As soon as possible
£32,000 - £33,000
12 month contract
Based in Liverpool
A multinational Pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool is looking for an additional Process Scientist on a 12 month contract within their Upstream area.
The ideal candidates will have experience with large molecule across both mammalian and microbial cell culture with a particular focus on the industrial use of bio-reactors. Candidates with a PhD and 1 years post graduate experience will also be considered alongside experienced industry trained candidates. Any experience in Gene Therapy and Viral Vector delivery systems will be highly advantageous. The primary focus on this role is to provide large molecule upstream process development and manufacture for Phase 1 to 3 Clinical trials.
The company has a large pipeline of biosimilar and innovator molecules in various stages of development. In order to support the expanding pipeline they require extra resource across their process science team which currently numbers around 50 to 60 strong split across both Upstream and Downstream.
The Liverpool site is a state of the art development and clinical manufacturing facility and is one of their centre of excellences for Biologic development. They are responsible for leading all aspects of bulk drug substance development for innovator and biosimilar products throughout their product lifecycle. To achieve this the company characterises their products, develops robust and scalable processes and assess new technologies to ensure that they deliver cost effective, safe products to their patients. They manufacture product in-house to supply clinical trials or collaborate directly with their external partners. Their success is underpinned through bold actions, collaboration and scientific excellence.
- The successful Scientist in Process Science will perform a wide range of activities associated with the design, development, scale-up, technical transfer and cGMP clinical manufacture of bulk drug substances expressed from both mammalian and microbial expression systems.
- The role is laboratory/pilot plant based and encompasses example activities including: mammalian cell line development, process optimization and use of high throughput techniques, process scale-up, inoculum culture preparation and operation of bioreactors, purification operations such as chromatography and filtration.
- Minimum qualification of BSc (or equivalent) with at least 3 years Industry experience. Ideally holding a PhD with 1 year post graduate experience and/or have relevant industrial experience within the field of bioprocess development, scale-up or cGMP manufacturing.
- Knowledge and previous experience of mammalian and microbial based processes – this can be from University or from a PhD as training will be provided in the industrial use of mammalian and microbial cell culturing.
- The successful applicant should have the ability to interpret scientific data and effectively communicate and report findings generated.
- Experience in design of experiments to deliver robust and effective experimental plans is advantageous
- Bioprocessing experience
- Validation experience would be an advantage
- GMP experience would be an advantage
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.