£32000 - £33000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8968
23 days ago
12 months initially
As soon as possible
3 roles available
£32,000 - £33,000
12 month contracts
Based in Liverpool
A multinational Pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool is looking for 3 additional Process Scientists on 12 month contracts within their Downstream Purification area.
The ideal candidates will have experience of one or more of the following Downstream Purification techniques with a focus on Large molecules / Protein Chemistry: Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC), Affinity Chromatography (AC), Ion Chromatography (IC), Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC), UF/DF, depth filtration.
The company has a large pipeline of biosimilar and innovator molecules in various stages of development. In order to support the expanding pipeline they require extra resource across their process science team which currently numbers around 50 to 60 strong split across both Upstream and Downstream.
The Liverpool site is a state of the art development and clinical manufacturing facility and is one of their centre of excellences for Biologic development. They are responsible for leading all aspects of bulk drug substance development for innovator and biosimilar products throughout their product lifecycle. To achieve this the company characterises their products, develops robust and scalable processes and assess new technologies to ensure that they deliver cost effective, safe products to their patients. They manufacture product in-house to supply clinical trials or collaborate directly with our external partners. Their success is underpinned through bold actions, collaboration and scientific excellence.
Downstream Process Scientist Duties:
- The successful Scientist in Process Science will perform a wide range of activities associated with the design, development, scale-up, technical transfer and cGMP clinical manufacture of bulk drug substances expressed from both mammalian and microbial expression systems.
- The role is laboratory/pilot plant based and encompasses example activities including: mammalian cell line development, process optimization and use of high throughput techniques, process scale-up, inoculum culture preparation and operation of bioreactors, purification operations such as chromatography and filtration.
- Minimum qualification of BSc (or equivalent) with at least 3 years Industry experience. Alternatively holding a PhD with 1 years post graduate experience and/or have relevant industrial experience within the field of bioprocess development, scale-up or cGMP manufacturing.
- As above the ideal candidates will have experience of one or more of the following Downstream Purification techniques: Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC), Affinity Chromatography (AC), Ion Chromatography (IC), Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC), UF/DF, depth filtration.
- In addition ideally have GMP experience, and if possible experience of working with gene therapy products.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.