£32000 - £33000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8968
2 months ago
12 months initially
As soon as possible
£32 – 33,000
Based in Liverpool
12 month contracts
An expanding multinational Pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool is looking to appoint 2 additional Analytical Scientists to their team on 12 month Contracts to their site in Liverpool. The roles exist due to an increase in new projects brought about by a collaboration with a partner company and the integration of some of those products in development into the Liverpool site.
The key skills we’re looking for include ELISA, Immunoassays, Cell Culture, Molecular Biology – qPCR, DNA Sequencing. Training will be provided to people who don’t possess all of the above techniques however there must be evidence of industry experience in some to be considered.
Any experience in method transfer and / or tech transfer would be advantageous.
- The Analytical Scientist is responsible for supporting optimisation/qualification and/or technical transfer of validated methods and the validation of developed assays for cGMP testing by executing experimental plans as directed by technical lead.
- The Analytical Scientist is also responsible for supporting the generation of stability data through performing analytical testing, stability data collation/trending and writing stability protocols/reports.
- Executing method qualification and validation protocols and assist in writing the associated reports as required to support transfer of processes into the manufacturing facility, under the guidance of Senior Scientists.
- Performing Analytical Sciences testing of facilities water points, raw materials, in process product release and stability and the lead the management of samples for projects assigned to them.
- Performing trend analysis of routine testing and ensuring test specifications are met for raw materials, water testing and intermediate/final products and reporting out of specifications.
- BSc science graduate (or equivalent) with biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical experience and 5 years experience minimum or a PhD with at least 1 years Post Graduate or Industry experience following the completion of the PhD.
- Experienced in the analysis of biomolecules with a focus on Biochemistry - Immunoassays ELISA, Potency or HCP, Cell Culture and Molecular Biology – qPCR, DNA Sequencing
- Experience of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP)
- Experience in Gene therapy would be advantageous
- Experience in AAV 5 viral vectors would be advantageous
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.