£40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
2 months ago
£40k + benefits
An exciting opportunity to join a leading automotive manufacturing business based in the Northwest. Due to the opportunity for expansion the business are looking to increase their level of certification within the quality team, looking for an experienced Engineer with experience of helping the implementation of IATF 16949 certification.
The Role itself will be the primary Quality contact for IATF 16949 compliance and deal with the creation and maintenance of quality documentation to support our clients automotive
Activities, so is a great opportunity for someone to take on further responsibility within a successful business.
The role will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide dedicated Quality Engineering support for allocated project / area
- Support the implementation of new products and production technologies
- Develop Quality metrics, drive implementation and report result to the Leadership team
- Support the team in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) using a Practical Problem Solving approach
- Lead the application of Automotive Core Quality tools (such as APQP, PFMEA, SPC and MSA)
- Support the development of measurement techniques for new products and processes
- Support all aspects of Quality for Automotive products within the organisation
- Apply analytical skills and judgment to generate solutions to technical challenges
- Deliver all aspects of Quality Engineering activities in line with targets, KPIs and milestones
- Support the containment of Quality Concern Reports (QCR) within 24 hours
- Support the resolution of Quality concerns using a structured approach to problem solving (PPS , 8D or similar)
- Build effective cross functional relationships and contribute to achieving and maintaining, certification to IATF16949 standard
- Build excellent relationships with customers in order to identify their requirements and deliver these within the business
- Expert knowledge of Quality Engineering skills, including PFMEA, SPC, Process Capability, MSA, Root Cause Analysis
- Extensive Quality Engineering experience gained within Tier 1 / Tier 2 automotive
- supply chains
- IATF 16949 Internal Auditor
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of Minitab software is desirable
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues through structured training sessions.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.