£21160 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Training, Qualifications
+44 (0)151 666 8999
3 months ago
£21160 + 20 days holiday, pension, qualifications (scope to develop up salary to £23500)
This role is based in Haltwistle about 25 minutes outside of Carlisle, so you will need the ability to drive to get to site each day.
Shift 24/7 continental 2 days, 2 nights, 2 off repeat 4 times, followed by 10 days off, 7am/7pm and vice versa. Meaning essentially you are only working for around 6/7 months of the year.
A great opportunity to work for one of the leading manufacturers in the area, part of business with over 16k employees and operating over 40 sites in 6 countries. Due to continued expansion the business are looking at taking on additional technical operatives to their expanding team.
If you have worked within an FMCG, Food, Automotive or General Manufacturing business operating machinery and are seeking to develop technically then this role could be for you. This company have a great track record of promotion from within and as a result some of thier senior management team have been formed from people starting out within these positions.
Our client have a designated trainer who will provide full training on their equipment and get you up to speed with site health and safety, so if you're keen to learn something new, or develop yourself with a clear career path then this role would be ideal for you. Our clients manufacturing process involves using blow moulding and rotational moulding machinery, and will require you to monitor machines and maintain machine efficiency, make adjustments, complete changovers and complete basic maintenance so if you want to get slightly more hands on then this might suit you well.
The role is quality focussed, so you’ll need to be accustomed to working to meet product quality specifications and adhering to all appropriate Health and Safety procedures. Our client will put you through a formal qualifications, which starts at grade 1 and works through to grade 4, each of which comes with an associated pay rise and can raise your annual income to over £23.5k and also have plenty of overtime opportunity as well on top of this to further increase your earning potential.
• Ensure that everyone works in a safe manner, ensuring compliance at all times with Company policy and procedures regarding Health and Safety, standards of product quality, housekeeping and hygiene
• Comply with appropriate PPE requirements at all times
• Complete all necessary checks and paperwork, as and when required
• Keep product quality to products work order specifications
• Work closely with Auditors on any product issues
• Maintain machine efficiency, basic maintenance and changeovers
• Complete relevant checks on ancillary equipment and record when necessary
• Carry out general housekeeping duties, as and when required
• Report all hazards by filling in the Hazard Book
• Work as part of a team to achieve production targets
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.