£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Mon - Fri
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 year ago
£45-50k, Pension, Holiday, Mon - Fri
A great opportunity to work for one of the leading manufacturers in the area, part of a group with over 16k employees and operating over 40 sites in 6 countries and 7 different business divisions. The opening has come up for a new Production Manager due to internal promotion to join the business on their manufacturing site based between Carlisle and Newcastle in Haltwhistle.
If you’re currently in a position of production leadership and are comfortable managing a fast moving manufacturing business with several lines then this role might be worth discussing further. Our client have a fast paced manufacturing site, running around 33 different manufacturing lines spread on a 24/7 4 shift basis. This role suits someone with good leadership experience who is used to coordinating a team to meet production/warehousing and distribution targets while maintaining health and safety and plant efficiency.
- To ensure that manufacturing achieves planned productivity targets in line with quality demands whilst ensuring all factory and site equipment, energy and raw materials are used effectively.
- Ensure product and machine development is successfully carried out within agreed budgets and to investigate and specify all new capital investment.
- To ensure all personnel are selected, trained, utilised and effectively communicated to in line with the business policies whilst maintaining good industrial relations and carry out performance appraisals
- To ensure safe working practices are observed throughout the factory and that machinery and the working environment is maintained in a safe and clean condition
- To ensure the site operates in accordance with factory environmental management system and legislation.
- To control direct and indirect costs within the factory as effectively as possible to ensure costs provide tangible benefits
- To effectively control the engineering function to meet company objectives through the effective utilisation of plant, services and planned preventative maintenance procedures
- Participate in UK management team decision making in line with business strategy whilst ensuring the effectiveness of all expenditure
- To ensure cause of non-conformities in factory systems are effectively investigated ensuring preventive and corrective root cause actions are taken.
- Compliance with the established site Management System Policies and objectives implemented - including Health & Safety, Energy, Environmental, Quality & Product Safety (ISO), Health & Hygiene (BRC) and PPE requirements.
- Compliance with the established site procedures and systems implemented in relation to the above policies and objectives.
- Extensive knowledge and skills within manufacturing, including a full appreciation of the critical manufacturing related KPI's
- The ability to specify and assess all development requirements
- Full understanding of all equipment requirement and operations
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety and company procedures
- Fundamental understanding of budget processes and effective negation skills
- Knowledge of company objectives and procedures
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.