competitive + package
+44 (0)151 666 8952
over 1 year ago
About The Role
A diverse business with an outstanding project portfolio, my client offers innovative engineering solutions. With focus now on significant growth within the industrial, energy and railway industries and this role plays a significant part in developing key customer relationships in order to secure new business development opportunities and further development of innovative products and services associated with major civil, structural and architectural led projects.
This has generates an exciting opportunity for a Senior CAD Technician in our Structures (Buildings) department – which comes with flexible working and a range of benefits. As a Senior CAD Technician you will be an integral part of the project delivery teams from concept development to detailed design. In addition, you will liaise internally with other disciplines, Project Engineers and take an active role in the development of less experienced technicians.
The duties of a Senior CAD Technician include:
• Produce civil and structural deliverables in support of major railway infrastructure, heavy industrial and energy projects
• Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff, and others, affected by the operations of the business
• Liaise with in-house staff, other design disciplines and sub-consultants to both client and business requirements
• Manage and check solutions produced by junior staff. Undertake independent checking carried out by other sections/offices as required
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the detailing of Steelwork and Reinforced Concrete structures and foundations in the industrial and energy sectors as well as the following experience:
• Qualified Engineering Technician (EngTech) (preferred but not essential)
• Detailed knowledge of current Eurocodes / standards
• Detailed knowledge of construction principles
• Fluent in the use of AutoCAD and Revit (Ability in the use of MicroStation and AECOsim an advantage but not essential)
• Detailed understanding of CAD and BIM modelling principals
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior role within a consultancy or a contractor
• Experience in building structures within the Railway industry (preferable but not essential)
• Motivated team player
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.