circa £35000 (DOE)
+44 (0)151 666 8948
8 days ago
£15 - £18 per hour (Initial 12 month contract)
Liverpool, Widnes, Runcorn, Wirral, Merseyside, North West
A leading pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool is currently seeking an Analytical Scientist on an initial 12 month contract.
The Scientist, Analytical Sciences is responsible for performing assay development, routine and cGMP testing for new product development programmes, which may encompass fully in-house programmes, in-licensed products and products in development with partners and ensures the testing is performed by the group on time, on budget and in compliance with the established quality standards.
Analytical Scientist Responsibilities
• Lead the development and delivery of suitable analytical methods for sample testing to support product development and cGMP production activities through all stages of bioprocessing (upstream and downstream) to meet project timelines.
• Successfully lead analytical projects assigned to you by ensuring effective communication through regular updates and clear presentations, ensuring timely delivery of information throughout the project.
• Put forward and deliver ideas to overcome technical problems or introduce new efficiencies.
• Collaborate effectively across cross-functional teams to deliver requirements of projects.
• Training in new analytical methods and training others in techniques/technologies.
• Transfer of methods through to routine application either internally or to external partners.
• Identify and lead on the delivery of new capital equipment items to increase Analytical Sciences capabilities.
• Assist in the writing and executing phase appropriate validation protocols and associated reports as required to support transfer of methods into the analytical applications group, under the guidance of Snr Scientists.
• Lead the management of samples for projects assigned to them. Be responsible for interpreting and analysing experimental results and communicating them effectively via study reports and presentations to Snr Managers, Analytical Sciences and or project leads.
• Writing analytical procedures to the required quality for cGMP
• Taking ownership of the installation and validation of analytical equipment where required by writing and executing equipment validation documentation
You will be an Analytical Scientist ideally with pharmaceutical manufacturing experience and competent in HPLC
To apply please send CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.