£60000 - £70000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Life Insurance, Occupational Health, Physio
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 year ago
£60-70k, Holiday, Pension, Physio, Occupational Health, Life Insurance
A fantastic opportunity to join an expanding, forward thinking Production/Print plant based in Liverpool. Our client, who are part of a German owned group have several facilities within Europe and turnover in excess of £1bn. Our client is currently looking for a Robotics Engineer to join the Engineering team. This is a brand new role within the business and aims to build on their existing 3 robots that form part of their packaging function. The role will be given full responsibility for the planning, set up and delivery of robots/cobots into the business to help automate parts of their process.
This role suits someone used to working with the delivery of robots within a manufacturing environment, and can consider people used to working with any manufacturer, although this client uses Universal Robot as their chosen brand. If you’re used to working on an automated manufacturing plant working with robots or automated control systems then let’s discuss this opportunity further.
If you have a desire to make a real difference and own a department then this role will suit you ideally. At present the business has 3 cobots in operation and have long terms plans for up to 17 more, each completing different functions within their packing area and offer significant productivity and efficiency gains to the business. The role also offers scope for someone with the desire to identify further opportunities within the manufacturing process and take ownership of these as the expert within this department.
- You will take a pivotal role as the experienced member of the Engineering team tasked with the development of innovative robotic or industrial automation control solutions. You will input to project scoping, set up and delivery as well as advising on all technical matters.
- This role forms part of the management team involved in developing project plans, set up and delivery
- Managing and delivering project tasks within agreed time-scales and budget
- Writing complex technical design documentation and test protocols
- Supporting the Manufacturing teams with the build and test of production systems, including Design for Testing, Manufacturing and Assembly
- Provide regular project communications and updates to the business as required
- Fault finding and maintaining robots/cobots
- Provide training and development to engineering team members
- Creation and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Ensure departmental compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental procedures, legislation and targets to meet plant and corporate requirements and to assist in the maintenance of a safe and environmentally friendly workplace.
- Include HS&E concerns/issues within regular documented team briefings, feedback relevant information to HS&E Manager using the appropriate documentation system
HNC/HND Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
- Significant design experience of complex electro-mechanical systems using SolidWorks CAD
- Practical experience of transfer to manufacture activities for high-volume production
- Analytical skills experience, including failure prediction and tolerance analysis
- Ideally, an appreciation of high precision mechatronic systems with fast response characteristics
- Experience of AGILE project management principles desired
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.