South West England
££highly competitive + excellent benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8947
12 months ago
The successful Head of Engineering will ideally have an operational background in a manufacturing environment coupled with a proven track record of leadership and change management at a strategic level. You will have experience of delivering results against financial targets, service levels and safety standards. Knowledge and experience of PLCs and automation would be a distinct advange for this role.
Head of Engineering responsibilities include:
• Manage, prepare and plan the maintenance budget to deliver the agreed levels of plant performance
• Plan, control, train and develop labour and manage external labour as appropriate to achieve the required standards of performance, flexibility and safety
• Plan, organise and implement preventative maintenance to achieve target plant availability through agreed KPIs
• Review the efficiency of the plant, set PIP standards and measure performance to ensure continuous improvement, in addition instil a culture of continuous improvement throughout the engineering team
• Organise and monitor compliance with statutory and site specific Health and Safety and Food Safety requirements by ensuring all procedures are maintained and ensure all hazards are immediately actioned
• Plan and control maintenance of utilities to ensure agreed availability within budgeted costs and develop and implement plans to make efficiency improvements
• Organise and implement capital projects from feasibility to successful commissioning liaising with all internal and external parties and utilising an effective project management framework in order to achieve projects to agreed timescales and costs
Application via CV
Head of Engineering
£££competitive (DOE), bonus, pension, life assurance, private medical
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.