+44 (0)151 666 8935
about 1 year ago
Location: Cumbria (West Lakes).
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Design Engineer to join a leading Nuclear design and manufacturing company based in Cumbria (West Lakes).
The Electrical Design Engineer will be a key member of the project design and delivery team working across a range of challenging projects, of significant scale and complexity. They will generate designs, drawings and specifications for the in-house manufacturing team working on complex nuclear orientated projects.
The ideal candidate will have a background in the Nuclear industry and will have already developed strong technical skills in the design and manufacturing of nuclear plant equipment. They will have obtained an appropriate engineering qualification and also had direct experience of designing and commission of LC distribution and control panelling.
- To actively be aware of and support the companies Health and Safety policies and culture.
- To provide, using modern software platforms, design and project estimates, specifications, layouts and other tender documents in sufficient detail and good order to enable project tenders and sales submissions to be made to prospective customers and project variation proposals to be made to existing customers.
- To deliver work in accordance with office Quality systems and to monitor, forecast and control their aspects of a project.
- To ensure that the design & project output can be manufactured / realised economically (value engineered) and installed, used & maintained safely in accordance with the legislative requirements appertaining to the project and to ensure the customer’s requirements are satisfied.
- To officially liaise/enquire to, and meet with prospective suppliers of goods and services, evaluation of offers, provision of purchase specifications and completion of a Bill of Materials to satisfy the technical, requirements of the project.
- To liaise with manufacturers, organise and or carry our inspection and expediting activities to satisfy the project requirements.
- To set up, control and be responsible for the safe, efficient and timely erection and commissioning of plant and equipment both within workshop assembly and customers site. This is to include FAT (Factory Acceptance Test), SAT (Site Acceptance Test) and incorporation of as built modifications within the final project document packages.
- To work individually or as part of a larger bid / project team, which may be led by either an equivalent, Lead Engineer, Project Engineer or Bid Manager.
- To support and undertake activities to maintain site electrical infrastructure as instructed and requested by the team leader.
- To positively undertake continuous self - development to improve the success of the whole team.
- To deputise for the Lead Engineer as requested.
- HNC / HND in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience of design/manufacturing plant equipment for nuclear industries
- Aware of and able to practice cost value engineering
- Experience of working within a team of design engineers delivering projects within budget and time
- IT literate with good knowledge of AutoDesk AutoCAD Electrical to produce Schematic, Layout and block cable diagram.
- Knowledge and experience of designing and commissioning of LV Distribution, MCC and Control panel
- Review and select appropriate techniques, procedures and methods to undertake tasks whilst broadening and deepening own knowledge base.
- Use appropriate scientific, technical or engineering principles.
- Identify problems and apply appropriate methods to identify causes and achieve satisfactory solutions.
- Contribute to the design and development of engineering solutions.
- Implement design solutions and contribute to their evaluation.
- Work reliably and effectively without close supervision, to the appropriate codes of practice.
- Accept responsibility for work of self or others whilst managing tasks, people and resources to plan and budget.
- Accept, allocate and supervise technical and other tasks.
- Work effectively with colleagues, clients, suppliers or the public, and be aware of the needs and concerns of others, especially where related to diversity and equality.
- Manage and apply safe systems of work.
- Undertake engineering work in a way that contributes to sustainable development.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.