£35 - £45 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
3 months ago
6 months +
Are you a talented Technical Project Manager looking for a unique opportunity to help improve the lives of local people in Huddersfield and its surrounding towns and villages?
Our Client is looking for an experienced professional with a proven track record of managing regeneration projects/programmes, to join their ambitious and creative team here at Kirklees Council
Your main duties as Project Manager will include:
- Working with colleagues from within the council, other public and private sector organisations, commissioned consultants, Highways England and Rail and Bus operators to deliver successful bids for major highway and transport schemes.
- Coordinating and delivering projects on the design, organising and attending public consultation / exhibitions to seek stakeholder consensus on projects and transport policy and strategy alongside other professionals.
1) A highly skilled and experienced transport disciplined Project Manager who is well versed in government appraisal of transport projects (WebTAG) that can hit the ground running.
And / Or
2) A highly skilled principal level transport planner , who has considerable experience in understanding the technical requirements that comprise taking a transport scheme from ‘concept’ through feasibility design and modelling, programme entry and to outline business case. This may include:
- The ability to map out logically and an understanding of, the work packages rewired to develop preferred options, taking into account not just transport impacts, but also regeneration and housing.
- The ability to scope out technical briefs for work packages that assist in the development of a preferred solution.
- A good understanding of transport’s contribution to the economy, including the link between transport and wider economic impacts.
- The ability to understand and specify the requirements for and interpret the results of strategic and micro-junction modelling.
- A working knowledge of the 4-stage transport modelling process applied to new developments.
- The ability to understand highway engineering aspects of schemes and the viewpoint of relevant professionals (highway maintenance, signal, safety engineers, planners).
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Excellent understanding of highway, transport and town centre regeneration principles and practices.
- Proven ability to apply project management principles and techniques to a wide range of complex projects or programmes including financial management of projects / programmes.
- Substantial practical or professional experience and understanding of this specialist area and proven problem solving skills with the capacity to devise and implement innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computerised business systems
Primarily the individuals will undertake a Technical Project Management function, but they will also contribute technical advice and provide support to the Major Project / Highway Infrastructure Programme Manager and Head of Service.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.