Based on Experience
+44 (0)151 666 8935
over 1 year ago
Salary: Based on Experience
Position: Document Controller
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Document Controller to join a multi-disciplinary solutions business with extensive engineering capabilities that specialise in both the energy from waste and transportation sectors.
The Purpose of the role:
Too manage an array of documents for projects to a high degree of reliability for: security, version, visibility, availability and most importantly, with a controlled reliable audit trail. The successful candidate will need to quickly establish a clear understanding of both company procedure and company document management System. The position is all about working closely with colleagues, clients and subcontractors, building strong relationships to enable efficient transition of information throughout the project’s life.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To manage documents for a project to a much higher degree of reliability for security, version, visibility, availability and, most importantly, with a controlled reliable audit trail.
- Clear understanding of the company procedure and a clear understanding of company document management System.
- Follow the document or numbering policy of the company and that Project, and advise the project Team of the requirements.
- Accurately maintain archives and databases for Project Documentation using in house document management system – ProjectWise.
- Collect, check and issue outgoing Project Documentation within pre‐agreed timeframes, maintaining an outgoing Transmittal tracker and Issue Sheet.
- Receive, record and distribute incoming Project Documentation and save to the correct
- Maintain a master document register of the latest drawings on a project and ensure that all recipients are transmitted the drawings they require as soon as new revisions of drawings are received.
- Has a strong relationship not only with the Project team but also with Sub Contractors to ensure that information is distributed quickly, and efficiently and that queries are handled quickly and professionally.
- Document Controller is responsible for carrying out other documentation tasks and administrative activities as required by the Project or, as directed by Team Leader.
- Build Strong working relationship with Project Engineers, Lead Engineer and the Client to ensure information is distributed efficiently and information related queries are dealt with quickly.
Managing large volumes of incoming and outgoing data in line with the company standard:
- Maintaining databases and records
- Maintaining document control procedures and standards
- Liaising with Project Managers and Project Engineers
- Liaising with clients
- Producing and collating PDFS
- Taking the lead in the team with regards to document control issues
- Using Network Rail’s eB system (and others) to source records if required
- Uploading onto other EDMs as the different Projects require
Knowledge and Skill base:
- Experience of providing admin support to a team
- Good knowledge of safety standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be able to communicate with tact and diplomacy. Demonstrate working/communication across teams within the company to ensure delivery of projects.
- Co‐ordinate information with other disciplines to achieve optimum design solutions.
- Motivated team player who works well under pressure.
- Pro‐active solution orientated approach.
- Coping well under pressure
- Take the lead in situations as they arise
- Prioritise large volumes of work
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.