£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: bonus, pension, life assurance
+44 (0)151 666 8953
10 months ago
Reporting to the Head of Technical and overseeing a team of 2, the QA Manager will be degree educated or equivalent in a food science subject and ideally hold Level 4 food Safety and HACCP qualifications.
Responsibilities of the successful QA Manager include:
• To oversee all aspects of day to day Quality Assurance including Raw Material QC and factory QC operations.
• To manage all site audits, including GMP, systems, and traceability.
• To manage, motivate, coach and develop the site team of QAs and advise on training needs.
• To manage complaint investigations and responses to customers as appropriate.
• To manage, review and develop all 3rd party approvals e.g. BRC and customer standards to maintain A** Grade status or equivalent.
• To champion site quality through such processes as HACCP, TACCP and Continuous Improvement.
• To identify, establish and develop departmental and customer KPIs and manage the delivery of business targets and the departmental budget.
• To develop and maintain robust quality checks from raw material to finished goods, making appropriate recommendations for improvement, in conjunction with specifications.
• To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met to ensure a safe working environment
• To ensure that all environmental standards are met
• Document control management for all departments
This is a days based role, Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4pm, 40 hour working week with 1 hour lunch break.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.