£42000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Mon - Fri
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 year ago
£42-45k – Mon – Fri, pension, holiday,
An exciting opportunity to join an established FMCG manufacturing business based in Northamptonshire. This role suits anyone looking for a Monday – Friday role with a big opportunity to lead and develop an engineering team.
The role is suits someone looking for a challenge, the company are currently in the middle of some large capex projects on site and require someone keen to step into an engineering/maintenance managers role who can develop the team and report into the operations manager working together to build a strategy for the team.
The duties of the role holder are as follows,
- Developing the companies PPM schedule for reacting to breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc and control of these budgets
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, particularly through the upskilling of machine operators and production staff.
- Analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are always maintained.
- You will also be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
- Review and communicate with the relevant teams to optimise machine set up
- Review and communicate clearly the advantages of machinery repairs and root cause issues
- The plant is fairly automated and runs on PLC systems, experience working with any PLC brand would be preferable
- Experience of managing and leading a team of engineers supporting the installation of new equipment and establishing new processes.
- Experience of leading continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience of developing teams abilities to complete reactive and preventative maintenance
- A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC, HND or equivalent)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.