+44 (0)151 666 8935
over 1 year ago
Salary: Negotiable (PERM).
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Supervisor to be based at our Oil Fuel Depot in Saffron Walden. Working as part of a team; responsible for the safe and efficient receipt, storage and supply of middle distillate fuels for supply to a variety of company customers; and normal day to day OFD support operations.
The Depot is a top tier COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards 2015) and all activities need to comply with these regulations. We therefore have a strong focus on ensuring no harm to people or the environment.
• Ensure all site operations (including satellite sites) comply with the Safety Management System.
• Provide leadership and promote Process/Occupational Safety awareness.
• Ensure Operational schedules are met.
• Ensure all Operational staff comply with appropriate Operational Procedures.
• Responsible for the Operation/effectiveness of the site SSOW processes.
• Ensure all working practices are safe and controlled.
• Assist with the development of on-site and off-site emergency plans run and plan periodic emergency exercises.
• Operation of the site in accordance with the Site Management Plan and the Safety Management System.
• Responsible for safe operations in accordance with HSWA and COMAH regulations.
• Upkeep and reporting of site KPI’s and monthly reports.
• Receipt/Delivery of fuel according to the programme ensuring that fuel quality is monitored and maintained throughout the process.
• Line management of the Operations and Stock/Admin staff and delivery of site training programme.
• Produce and manage site operational budgets.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with the site routine maintenance programme, supporting the maintenance team in delivery.
• Ensure all tasks carried out conform to company policies, procedures and systems.
• Comply with the Values and Fundamental Principles of CLH-PS.
The candidate will have:
• 5 GCSEs grade C or equivalent
• Full driving licence
• Recognised safety training
• Experience on a COMAH Site
• Good computing, numeracy and literacy skills
• Understanding of Safe Systems of Work
• Petroleum Storage & Handling Legislation & Guidance
• Ability to lead, motivate and influence staff at all levels
• Good verbal communication skills
• Support the Cluster Manager in the management of all site staff
• Manage performance and capability through the appropriate HR policies
The desirable candidate will have:
• NEBOSH Certificate (Oil & Gas) or NEBOSH General Cert
• NVQ 3 Petroleum Control Operations
• IOSH Working Safely
• Management development
• Considerable experience in hydrocarbon fuel handling
• Emergency response
• Safe Systems of Work Practitioner
• Fuel Quality Management
• Ability to apply job knowledge to develop response strategies and implement them with minimal support.
• Ability to work with the team to develop and deliver integrated ways of working to ensure the assets remain safe, operational and effective.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.