£23 - £26 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
over 1 year ago
6 - 12 months
Our Client is seeking a Transport Planner on a contract basis to join their team in Brent.
You will be required to assist and support to deliver a range of projects and initiatives relating to all elements of transport planning, transportation policy development and transportation strategy.
You will be also be responsible for, amongst other duties, the co-ordination and promotion of public and sustainable transport on behalf of Brent Council. They will be responsible for inputting to, a range of transport policies.
You will assist in the development, assessment, submission, monitoring and delivery of the Borough’s Local implementation Plan and will work with a range of stakeholders.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, monitoring, assessment and delivery of the Local Implementation Plan and develop a range of transportation related policies and delivery plans.
- Assist in the development and delivery of the Long Term Transport Strategy.
- Lead in the delivery of transport projects relating to sustainable transport including cycling, EVCP’s and travel awareness campaigns.
- Assist with the preparation of invitations to tender for transportation projects and the management of these projects to ensure the delivery of successful outcomes.
- Assist with the transport elements of a range of internal monitoring reports by arranging surveys and counts and collating, analysing and interpreting data.
- Assist with developing transportation information and consultation documents and committee reports and present the outcomes to a range of audiences.
- Assist with the public transport liaison function of Brent, acting as a conduit between Client, customers, public transport authorities and operators.
- Assist with internal and external advice and support for growth area transport requirements and major projects & regeneration programmes in the borough.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with internal and external partners and provide a contact point for transport planning and policy services within the Borough.
- Assist with guidance and advice to developers and other external agencies on transport strategy and related projects on behalf of the Council, attending meetings and providing written responses to enquiries and requests for information.
- Represent the Client at a range of functions and events in matters relating to transport planning and policy, including internal and external meetings with stakeholders.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.