£35000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Mon - Fri 6-2, 2-10
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 year ago
£35k – Mon – Fri 6-2, 2-10, pension, holiday,
An exciting opportunity to join an established family owned FMCG manufacturing business that has been going over 50 years. This role suits anyone looking for a Monday – Friday days based role with no nights or weekend shift requirements.
The role is multi-skilled but preferably with an electrical bias, and keen to work on both reactive and planned maintenance across a variety of different production lines.
The duties of the role holder are as follows,
- Reacting to breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are always maintained.
- You will also be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
- Undertake full line Preventive Maintenance including routine checks, material application efficiency observations, condition and effectiveness of both application equipment and process machinery.
- Perform maintenance of machinery including tank drain down and refill
- Communicate with the relevant teams to optimise machine set up
- Communicate clearly the advantages of machinery repairs and root cause issues
- Support the business resolving root causes to customer complaints as necessary and to make on the spot recommendations to improve quality
- Sharing knowledge with the team and other support functions
- The plant is fairly automated and runs on Mitsubishi and Festo PLC systems, experience fault finding on any PLC brand would be preferable
- Experience of supporting the installation of new equipment and establishing new processes.
- Experience of leading continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.