0151 666 8981
12 months ago
I have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join an established design and Project Management consultancy based in Edinburgh.
The client are a Leading international Engineering and Project Management consultancy with a wealth of experience delivering projects in industries such as Maritime, Coastal, Aviation, Buildings, Energy, Infrastructure and Water.
The successful Senior Electrical Engineer will have experience in outdoor lighting standards, codes and practices covering external/ area lighting and street lighting design, including power supplies and controls and their interface with electronic security systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out electrical designs and lighting designs at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design stages of the development of infrastructural projects
- Completing Electrical Surveys and inspections
- Undertake light impact assessments and associated reporting
- Carrying out electrical and lighting designs according to applicable engineering standards, codes and practices
- Carrying out design tasks which include the production of drawings, calculations, selection of equipment, specifications, reports and cost estimates associated with electrical and lighting equipment
- Carry out lighting surveys, lighting inspections, light level measurements and energy studies
- Liaise with project directors and other project team members
- Maintain ongoing oversight of projects with regards to the production of deliverables to meet the programme deadlines and their financial impact to produce positive result for the clients work scope.
- BEng (Hons) or MEng in Electrical Engineering (or similar)
- Membership of Institution of Lighting Professionals and / or Institute of Engineering and Technology (or similar)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Ports or Maritime
- Design / Consultancy
- Knowledge and practical experience of:
- Electrical design and applications
- Lighting design and applications
- Lighting surveys and reporting
- LV electrical installations (primarily BS7671)
- Experience of AutoCAD
- Knowledge and practical experience of one or more of the following design tools:
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.