£70 - £90 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8916
9 months ago
12 months contract
Subject to Security Clearance
We are currently modernising its Business Working Environment allowing them to adopt a Cloud Services strategy. The initial phase of this programme introduced Microsoft Office 365, Workday and Azure IaaS but is now progressing to include a growing number of SaaS products as legacy Line of Business applications are replatformed, migrated or retired. The current planning assumption is for a hybrid-cloud architecture with a mix of SaaS, IaaS, PaaS plus onpremise hosting for any service that cannot be migrated to the cloud.
We are now recruiting an additional Azure Cloud Environments Manager to supplement our existing team. The role will be responsible for designing, configuring and managing multiple production and non-production environments to support project delivery. These environments will be a mix of IaaS/SaaS/PaaS solutions, prominently on Microsoft Azure, focussing initially on a major Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation project.
Whilst this is a deeply technical, duties will also include stakeholder meetings with both internal and external service providers. It will also include the initial setup and deployment of new solutions and the transition to live services with members of the operational team whom will oversee production application and infrastructure support.
Main Role & Responsibilities
- Produce Azure design pattern solutions to meet business requirements
- Create documentation around the setup and implementation of those design patterns
- Lead the implementation of Azure solutions for new patterns or products
- Participate in non-functional testing, particularly around business resiliency
- Engage with Microsoft around solving business and technical problems in the Azure ecosystem
- Provide technical oversight, review and quality control of Azure artefacts throughout the programme
- Contribute to the development of Azure standards, best practices and organisational capability
- Act as an escalation point / SME for Azure technical issues and decisions
- Hands-on experience of designing and implementing compute, networking, storage and database services in Cloud Environments
- Understanding of elasticity and scalability concepts
- Understanding of network technologies as they relate to Azure Cloud services
- A good understanding of all security features and tools that Microsoft provides and how they relate to traditional services
- Hands-on experience with Azure deployment and management services
- Experience of integrating SaaS applications into corporate systems including Single Sign-On and identity management
- Broad project lifecycle experience – especially in enterprise environments
- Expert knowledge of Azure Cloud platform features and capabilities
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, reverse proxies, routing, switching etc.)
- Azure Networking (VNETs, Express Route, VPN Gateway, Traffic Manager, NSGs)
- Security (firewall configuration, IPS/IDS etc.)
- Understanding of common application approaches and technologies (e.g. SOA, message queuing)
- Understanding of common database technologies (e.g. backup/restoration, replication/mirroring)
- Understanding of common internet technologies (e.g. e-mail, web servers, web services)
- Experience designing for disaster recovery
- Experienced producing multi-tiered, load balanced, redundant infrastructure architectures
- Storage technologies (SAN, NAS, RAID configuration, caching etc.)
- Familiarity with other cloud technologies
- ARM Templates and Windows PowerShell
All candidates must be British nationals and only hold a British passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.