Based on Experience
+44 (0)151 666 8935
9 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an EC&I Design Engineer to join a leading Nuclear company based in Oxfordshire.
The EC&I Design Engineer will be a key member of the project delivery team working across a range of challenging projects, of significant scale and complexity. They will generate EC&I designs, drawings and specifications to achieve design deliverables for process plant projects across a range of highly regulated industries, ensuring both functionality and safety.
The ideal candidate will have a background in the Nuclear industry and will have already developed strong technical skills in a design or operational environment. They will have obtained or be working towards Chartership and will have the ability to obtain SC clearance.
- Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications, in liaison with client and project team.
- Check standard design calculations of design engineers and other engineers within the team.
- Actively contribute to design reviews, safety reviews (Risk Assessments and HAZOP’s
- Produce design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works; design calculations; method statements; risk assessments; technical files & other technical documentation to comply with design standards; safety legislation/regulatory requirements & needs of the client.
- Ensure quality and delivery of design documentation throughout all the design phases.
- Compliance with safety and statutory regulations (e.g. CDM; CE etc).
- Demonstrable competence gained in a design delivery position.
- HNC qualification or equivalent gained within a relevant area of the discipline.
- Membership of a discipline specific Institution (e.g. I MechE; I Structural Eng; CIBSE; IChemE etc).
- 4 Years’ experience in the role of design in a highly regulated environment.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions.
- Good understanding of Statutory and safety Regulations and their appropriate utilisation.
- Proven track record within a project environment with strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Customer/client liaison and strong commercial awareness.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.