£28000 - £30000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8947
10 days ago
A leading chilled foods manufacturer based in the Walsall area is currently seeking a Health & Safety Coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis; the main purpose of the role is to assist the business with all aspects of health & safety. The H&S Coordinator will report directly in to MD.
Key responsibilities for H&S Coordinator -
- Implement, monitor and review health and safety strategies, policies, procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture and improve health and safety performance.
- Deal with H&S concerns raised by all staff.
- Manage and develop the safety management system.
- Work with team managers to assess training needs for employees.
- Prepare health and safety reports and statistical performance data as required
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are compatible with current health and safety legislation.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all departments.
- Commit to resolving health safety issues through good communication and corrective action.
- Chair safety meetings at all levels of the business.
To be considered for this role you must have recently worked for a food manufacturing company within the H&S team. You must have NEBOSH General Certificate and ideally be working towards NEBOSH Diploma.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.