+44 (0)151 666 8952
over 1 year ago
My client are looking to appoint a New Project Manager to join their already growing Capital Projects Team. This is a key role to manage the Major Capital Works planned for delivery at an oil fuel depot based near Torpoint. You must ensure successful execution of this major piece of engineering works (£50M+), to time and to budget, and in full compliance with company standards and UK / European legislation.
With responsibility for interaction within the wider Project delivery team, covering all stages of project delivery and implementation of a major Oil Storage Depot rebuild project and/or other various engineering works at the site. The job entails leading a multi-disciplined engineering team, who conduct engineering activities as part of the wider project delivery team. Interfacing with the Stakeholders such as the DIO and Navy Project Delivery Team, at all stages of the project. There will be a need to build strong working relationships with all stakeholders and in particular with external stakeholders including DIO, Navy, MoD, other Contractors/Consultants, and the CA (HSE & EA).
Some travel with overnight stays to other sites may be required, therefore a full (preferably) clean driving licence is essential for this role.
- Ensure the Capital Projects are delivered fully compliant, with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Manage staff time and resources to ensure well controlled, compliant with the Working Time Regulations and meet responsibilities for health and safety.
- Work with third parties for successful delivery of the Capital Projects.
- Ensure that Capital Projects are completed in line with company standards and relevant and UK / European legislation, ATEX, PLSG, API, EEMUA etc., to allow future operation by the company.
- Assist in the development of budgets and forecasts for future Capital Projects.
- Liaise with Senior Management team to obtain buy-in from stakeholders for delivery of key projects.
- Assist in the selection of suppliers in line with relevant legislation and Agency procedures.
- Produce detailed programme of works/Gantt charts etc. to monitor progress.
- Provide budget proposals for Project spends and work collaboratively with Finance to provide management information for monthly reporting.
- Act as Duty Manager for ‘out of hours’ emergencies on a rota basis.
You will have extensive experience of leading direct and indirect technical engineering project teams engaged in the delivery of complex (£50M+) projects within demanding time quality and cost constraints,. The successful candidate will be required to have a strong working knowledge of legislation relating to Oil Storage depots, such as ATEX, PSLG, MOC, COMAH and CDM.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.