£26000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8935
3 months ago
Full Time/Perm - £26,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operator to join a leading international petroleum transport and storage organisation based out of Aldermaston (Reading). The client operates major contracts throughout the UK providing services to several military facilities and major airports.
The Operator will be working alongside the Site Operations team controlling basic plant equipment as efficiently and safely as possible as well as reporting and investigating deviations from normal operating conditions. The Operator will also be responsible for the operation and security of the Petroleum Supply Depot (PSD) assisting with site maintenance and being accountable for safe, efficient and effective delivery of work Operations. The role will be site based and will require experience in a regulated industry; the candidate must have a full clean UK driving license.
The Key Responsibilities for the Operator will include:
- The setting up of pumping routes for the receiving, delivery and inter-site movement of product.
- Tank dipping.
- Product sampling.
- Control of import and export operations.
- Additive handling and storage.
- Approved Inspector of fuel quality.
- Undertaking planned maintenance, installation & testing of plant & equipment.
- General cleaning of site and facilities.
- Responsibilities under Emergency Preparedness.
- Provision of assistance / ownership of site project.
- Liaise with SCADA control to facilitate the efficient and safe operation of the depot, pipelines and associated sites.
- Make regular checks, in accordance with procedures of site pipelines, tanks and other facilities to ensure stock conservancy is maintained.
- Complete all information for the documentation of the operations including stock records, logs, dispatch and collection records, tank batching records, as required.
- Issue permits to work, when trained and authorised to staff, CLH personnel and contractors carrying out work at the depot and associated facilities.
- Monitoring of contractors working on site.
- Use computer terminals and systems as necessary.
- Carry out duties alongside / in conjunction with maintenance and pipeline personnel.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and ensure that all facilities, plant and equipment are maintained in an efficient working order.
- Attend to call-outs in accordance with local arrangements.
- Advise senior site staff of any problems with any of the responsibilities as soon as practicable.
It is essential the candidate to have:
- Experience in a regulated industry.
- Able to react quickly to problems.
- Able to concentrate for long periods during repetitive work.
- Able to work carefully and methodically.
- Understand reasons for and application of a variety of safety management systems such as Permit to Work, Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessment.
- Understand the applications and relevance of company policy, external legislation and regulation on working practices (including environmental control).
- Safe Operation of a range of plant/machinery.
- Set and adjust controls.
- Safe operation of starting up a plant and operating machinery.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.