£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Private medical insurance
+44 (0)151 666 8968
11 months ago
As soon as possible
Up to £50,000 dependant on experience
Based in North Wales
An innovative Biotechnology company are looking to appoint a Principal Protein Scientist to their growing team in North Wales. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the Biochemistry / Protein Analysis department and be involved in the recruitment and expansion of the team as the company grows.
- Duties will include the daily management of the QC team focussing specifically on Protein analysis (large molecules) to include in process and finished products
- Provide technical expertise in Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC), Reverse Phase HPLC (RP HPLC) and hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC)
- Implement and validate assays to ensure GMP compliance
- Performance management of team members
- Take part in Projects as a representative senior member of the QC team
- Minimum qualified to BSc level in a Biological or Chemistry related subject
- Experience in Protein analysis techniques – SEC, RP HPLC, HIC is essential
- Experience in Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) is highly desirable as is exposure to ELISA and SDS PAGE techniques
- At least 3 – 5 years experience in a GMP environment with demonstrable leadership skills
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.