£45000 - £55000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8935
5 days ago
Power, Process & Nuclear, Full Time/Perm
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mechanical HVAC Engineer to join a global engineering, management and development consultancy based in Altringham. The company has a 120-year pedigree with long-term future goals in the Nuclear Industry boasting over 500 staff across all nuclear disciplines.
The Senior Mechanical HVAC Engineer will be working alongside the integral design team delivering a variety of large projects in the nuclear industry, specifically within the Power, Process & Nuclear division of the organisation offering support to the Associates and other senior line manager. The role will focus predominantly on the HVAC building services part of the highly regulated nuclear division, the candidate will have to be eligible for security clearance and have previous experience in a highly regulated environment.
Preference is Nuclear focused but any highly regulated experience will be considered.
The Senior Mechanical HVAC Engineer will be able to:
- Produce detailed design calculations to support design requirements.
- Producing documentation, assessment/condition reports, survey reports, basis of designs, procurement specifications, etc., tailored to required stage of project completion, covering all aspects of mechanical building services.
- Carry out detailed surveys of mechanical services and equipment to establish the extent, condition and operational status of the existing of installations and gain enough information to complete reports and findings.
- Production and review of detailed design calculations to support design proposals.
- Production and review of detailed design drawings, layouts and schematics including heating, ventilation, LTHW, Chilled Water, specialist LEV and BMS installations.
- Production and review of Specifications and plant schedules.
- Producing estimates of work elements including equipment and man hour costs.
- Supporting the preparation of bids and estimates.
- Reporting of design progress and project management of commissions within agreed programmes.
- Ensure compliance with construction.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.