competitive + package
+44 (0)151 666 8952
over 1 year ago
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION: Project Engineering - York
My client is an award winning multi discipline solutions business with extensive engineering capabilities and specialist expertise’s in the energy and transportation sectors. Due to a number of new project wins they are looking to add a Project Engineer within their Energy Team at their busy York office.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Project Engineer is responsible for the technical co‐ordination of all disciplines for Energy from Waste infrastructure projects. You will schedule, plan, forecast, and manage all the technical activities to ensure project accuracy, quality, safety and compliance from bid stage to completion.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take responsibility for the delivery of multi‐discipline design teams for the delivery of designs to programme.
- Review and enforce compliance with Heath, Safety and Welfare regulations and other relevant legislation
- Ensure that the design and delivery programme integrates with the client programme; facilitate meetings and ensure that design / Client (specifically on D&B projects) programmes are properly defined and agreed.
- Develop project objectives and requirements e.g. from Invitation to Tender documents, development of options, engineering discussion with clients.
- Evaluate, organise and prioritise workload within a schedule.
- Establish key interfaces and agree delivery programme with the project manager and internal design teams.
- Monitor and review deliverables to ensure compliance with project requirements and initiate appropriate corrective action when needed.
- Identify engineering problems and ensure solutions are feasible and can be implemented.
- Liaise with 3rd party specialists (piling, ground remediation, fabricators) to develop solutions and ensure proposals are fit to take forward.
- Take the lead on resolving technical issues raised both internally and with the Client.
- Prepare project status reports and regular reporting back to the project manager or project director on resource, programme, technical interfaces and compliance issues that impact on the technical delivery.
- Develop project specifications, technical studies, preparing cost estimates.
- Ensure team members have a clear understanding of the overall strategy, business drivers and priorities of the project.
- Interact daily with the Client to interpret their needs and requirements and communicate back to the design team.
- Interact daily with the Client to ensure that design issues are formally raised and communicated and closed out in a timely fashion to ensure design delivery is not delayed
- Excellent IT skills
- Project management, programme management and preparation
- Construction methods and how contractors engage and manage their supply chain and procurement
- Internal and external supply chain procurement interface with design
- Contracting methods and models ‐ D&B, EPC and traditional approaches, fixed price cost reimbursable
- Technical understanding of industrial /process / EFW facilities
- Understanding of analysis and design and detailing to hold discussion and advise our clients/contractors, assist and support the design disciplines
- Able to prepare reports, plans and programmes
- System Safety Management
- Use of relevant software and technology to progress the project and enhance company reputation,e.g. exploit CAD/BIM technology for design integration and to extract relevant designer’s Information to inform and facilitate discussions and meetings.
- Proven working experience as Project manager, Design manager, Project engineer
- Lead designer or engineer that can demonstrate competence and capability against the requirements.
- Experience of large multidiscipline, complex Energy from Waste projects, design or management
- Decision making ability and leadership
- Ownership and responsibility for their work
- Time management and organisational skills
- Provide leadership to function and be the accountable person to leadership/directors
- Lead by example, living the company vision & values
- Nurtures business and client relationships
- Able to lead & support others through change collaboratively with the business
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.