£32000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
3 months ago
Our client is one of the leading Highways services providers in the UK. They currently have 2 exciting opportunities for a Geotechnical Engineer and Senior Engineer at their offices in Manchester. This is a great opportunity that is ideal for individuals who are looking for the professional progression in their career, and wants to take on bigger and better projects.
The role will include working alongside the Principal Engineer & Team Leader, and being accountable for managing components of projects, working in collaboration with other design disciplines and providing technical inputs to projects.
The role will involve building relationships with clients on projects, gaining experience in commercial aspects of projects together with developing your own skills, and those of the team, to ensure that you all reach your full potential.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Developing skills and knowledge base in both the technical and management streams.
• Assisting with the preparation of documentation and drawings relating to projects.
• Undertaking geotechnical calculations, drawings, specifications, reports (HD22/8) and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice.
• Good written communication skills and ability to prepare technical reports with guidance.
• Undertaking elements of geotechnical hand calculations and/or using developed Spread sheets. Undertaking various stability analysis by using well known geotechnical design software to EC7.
• Ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and desk studies.
• Ensuring compliance with relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team.
• Planning and supervision of ground investigation works.
- Assist in the successful delivery of the programme of work by completing tasks to facilitate the production of design solutions and other outputs to meet client requirements within budget and timescale.
- Comply with company processes and procedures as well as any Client specific requirements.
- Developing knowledge and experience regarding the production of scheme design including awareness of National design standards, procedures and requirements as well as any specific parameters.
- Production of scheme documents, reports and associated paperwork.
- Compliance with the Quality Management Systems.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• MEng in Civil Engineering with a geotechnical bias,
• MSc/MEng in Geotechnical Engineering, or
• MSc in Engineering Geology
• Ambitious to progress towards becoming a Chartered Engineer in a relevant field
• Experience in the civil / geotechnical engineering industry
• Fully familiar with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Very good numerical skills using hand calculations and industry software such as WALLAP, REPUTE, GEO5, SLIDE, Hole BASE, Settle, Dips, CAD.
• Competency in both technical and commercial management
• Good spoken and written English, including report writing skills (HD 22/8).
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Strong experience in ground investigation design and implementation.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.