£25000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8935
12 days ago
Operations, Full Time/Perm
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an EHSQ Engineer to join a company with almost 40 years experience in specialist engineering services for applications in high hazard nuclear environments. Based in Malton, North Yorkshire, the company is looking for an individual with 5 years experience in a similar position or in quality management focused role.
The EHSQ Engineer will be working with the operations team as well as with a variety of ISO management systems; they will be dealing with certification bodies, customers at all levels and be able to work in a fast moving project-based environment. The individual will possess a qualification and/or experience with auditing processes, experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment and good working knowledge of process in these areas and have the knowledge of continuous improvement tools in these areas.
The EHSQ Engineer will desirable have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a quality management role or EHSQ role with excellent people management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of ISO management systems, in particular ISO9001:2008, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Experience of dealing with certification bodies, and customers at all levels.
- Qualifications and/or experience with auditing processes.
- Experienceknowledge of continuous improvement tools
- Experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment and good working knowledge of process in these areas
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, time management and decision making skills.
- Used to working In a fast moving project-based environment
- Willingness to attend external CPD training as required.
- Tertiary qualification in a technical, EHSQ or related discipline.
- Ideally, has completed internal auditor training
The EHSQ Engineer will be responsible for:
The project specific quality management arrangements associated with projects that are not working to the standard processes/procedures.
The project specific quality management of suppliers working to their own processes/procedures in support of a JFN project.
In each case, this includes:
- Ensuring that minimum quality requirements are met.
- Ensuring the Quality Plan(s) detail the correct procedures for the project.
- Ensuring project specific processes/procedures/work instructions/forms are implemented to cover any interfaces/gaps created by the project requirements.
- Ensuring staff are briefed on the processes/procedures/work instructions/forms to be used on the project.
- Auditing project activities to ensure the project specific arrangements are adequately implemented and being followed.
- Verification of LTQR packs.
- Quality Inspection of internally manufactured items.
- Quality Inspection of externally manufactured items.
- Quality Inspection of externally delivered project related services.
- Ongoing assessment of engineering processes and procedures to identify and implement improvements.
- Implementation of continuous improvement initiatives such as visual management tools and ‘toolbox’ talks.
- Supporting business audit activities.
This may include but not be limited to:
- Evaluating the scope of project specific EHSQ activities.
- Identifying relevant standards and statutory requirements.
- Estimating costs and durations for EHSQ activities.
- Composing technical responses to quotation requests
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.