£32 - £38 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
13 days ago
Our Client designs roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures.
With specialist teams, they manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
An excellent opportunity has arisen withing their Manchester office for a Senior Drainage Engineer on a contract basis. They are also seeking Assistant and Engineer level on a permanent basis.
• Contribute to the successful delivery of the programme of work by producing and developing sound design solutions to meet client requirements within budget and timescale, following processes and procedures as well as any Client specific requirements. Although primarily focussed on drainage schemes the role will encompass other highway related tasks as workload dictates.
• Developing and designing solutions in accordance to National design standards, procedures and requirements and any specific parameters.
• Production of concise scheme documents and reports.
• Contribute to compliance with the Quality Management Systems including site specific audits.
• Production of designs that comply with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
• Adhere to Health and Safety requirements within the workplace, ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
• Contribute to the regular reporting of progress to clients by communicating with line managers regarding their progress against planned programme
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Higher level qualifications in a relevant discipline
• Working towards a chartered / incorporated status of a relevant professional institution
• Experience in design of highway drainage to UK standards using Microdrainage
• Have a working knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business
• Experience and a working knowledge of relevant design software and standards
• Fluent written and spoken English
• IT Literate
• Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.