£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: pension, excellent benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8953
over 1 year ago
c. £35,000 (inclusive of O/T and on call pay), excellent pension + benefits
Monday – Friday day shifts + on call rota (1 weekend in 3 O/T)
A leading FMCG manufacturer with a site in Gloucestershire is currently seeking an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join the team. The successful Electrical Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for responding to plant breakdowns and progressing preventative maintenance for the site.
Key responsibilities of the Electrical Maintenance Engineer
• Carry out electrical and mechanical repairs to plant and equipment in the event of any fault or breakdown and as part of the site PPM system.
• All work on site to satisfy the Health and Safety Act
• Identify the root cause of problems and develop solutions in order to prevent re-occurrence,
• Manage engineering stores to ensure that essential items are kept in stock.
• Undertake day to day work and management of contractors ensuring that work is carried out in a safe, effective, efficient and economical manner, meeting the required standards.
• Manage the facilities of the factory ensuring statutory compliance, and where required undertake risk assessments & document procedures.
• Provide electrical advice / recommendations to the Maintenance Team Leader & Plant Manager with regard to relevant improvements / projects.
• Assist the department in the ordering of spares, maintain and update records of the plant and equipment.
• Additional duties as and when required to give full cover i.e. sickness and holiday.
Qualifications and skills
• C+G or HNC/NVQ qualification
• Electrical engineering bias, with mechanical knowledge would be advantageous
• Time served multi skill engineer.
• Formal electrical qualification plus detailed knowledge / experience of control automation equipment (HMI/PLC/SCADA etc.)
• Microsoft Office skills
• 17th Edition qualified
• General service skills: Air; Gas; Water; Electricity etc.
• Time spent in a production environment with Strong fault-finding and breakdown skills
• Pro-active and a good team-worker.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.