£40000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
25 days ago
Our client is a main contractor within Highways Infrastructure, they currently have a fantastic opportunity on a permanent basis for a Project Manager to undertake the Project Management of approximately 30 studies and schemes in the 19/20 Renewal of Structures delivery programme from concept through to completion of Construction. You will act an Operations lead within a multidisciplinary project team and to proactively drive the successful and efficient delivery of scheme objectives to the agreed programme and budget. The services and task deliverable will require a Project Manager with the following competencies:
Task deliverables will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Production of programmes for studies, feasibility, surveys, design and construction
- Produce budget costs and forecasts.
- Monitor programme cost performance, identify and challenge scope changes,manage back to programme/budget, or agree and implement change control.
- Produce Task Briefs for pre-VM and detailed design work and contract manage
- Ensure compliance with delivery governance and quality requirements.
- Ensure CDM compliance.
- Attend and support Collaborative Programme Planning meetings.
- Attend project meetings and workshops (internal and external).
- Promote and capture innovation and efficiencies saving.
- Produce and manage study/scheme specific Risk Registers.
- Update high level Risk Registers.
- Collaborate with supply chain and oversee procurement process.
- Support the production of Communication Plans.
- Produce monthly progress reports.
The services and task deliverable will require a Project Manager with the following competencies:
- Prince 2 Practitioner or equivalent.
- Experience in delivering a programme of highways studies and schemes ranging in size and complexity (circa £20m/annum).
- Working knowledge of Highways England’s standards and delivery processes andprocedures, including value management and Departures from Standard requirements.
- Working knowledge of CDM requirements
- Working knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract
- Experience of Collaborative Programme Planning
- Experience in Lean practices
- Proven ability to manage cost, time and quality
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.