£300 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
over 1 year ago
Our client, a local authority currently has a live requirement for a Building Surveyor to join their team on a six month contract. A brief a brief overview of the key objectives is below.
- To provide professional advice on property and construction. To undertake minor works and planned maintenance projects, ranging in financial values from £1k - £1m.
- Pro-actively monitor and report the progress of works to ensure quality and that projects are completed within the timescales and costs agreed. Take appropriate action to achieve adherence as required.
- Operate in compliance with the Councils procedures, best practices and any legislation current at the time
- Undertake building condition surveys to identify defects and advise on repair, maintenance and restoration options.
- Instruct on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings.
- Advise on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings.
- Advise on boundary and 'right to light' disputes and party wall procedures.
- Prepare insurance assessments and claims.
- Projects include existing buildings, buildings of architectural or historic importance and the development of new ones. You may implement preventative measures to keep buildings in good condition and look for ways to make buildings sustainable.
- Implement appraisal objectives together with agreed personal training and development plans.
- To manage own workload
- To prepare and deliver a variety of schemes to the required budget and programme and to pre-determined standards
- Prepare design drawings, full specification and contract documentation (JCT and NEC suite of contracts) for procurement of contractors on a variety of property types
- Deal with planning and building regulation applications and advise on property legislation
- Assess and design building schemes to meet the needs of people with disabilities
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, Building Regulations, Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and considerations
- Instruct on construction design and management regulations
- Negotiate dilapidation's (when there is a legal liability for a property's state of disrepair)
- Advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings
- Assist in managing the overview of cost planning in all phases of projects including financial reporting and final accounts
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.