North West London
££ Competitive + benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8947
13 days ago
You will be ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent), working towards or having achieved NEBOSH diploma. You’ll have strong knowledge of waste management, budget responsibility and previous experience of being named competent person for safety, including point of contact for external professional bodies.
Key Responsibilities of the H&S Manager:
- Competent person and point of contact for all relevant legal authorities
- Management of behavioural safety management system ensuring processes for assessing / managing risk
- Ensure health, safety and wellbeing of staff members and all visitors
- Lead / manage the team, instilling best practice ensuring best cost use of labour and utilities
- Drive KPI’s (labour, waste, delivery of improvements in environmental impact)
- Maintenance of metrics, reports, documentation, service logs etc
- Business continuity plans minimising disruption to critical functions relating to health and safety
- Internal audits ensuring compliance and taking ownership of the high risk health and safety related tasks on PPM system
- Accident investigation ensuring corrective actions
- Work collaboratively with teams for all project activities
- Ensure occupational health requirements are in place
- Manage, support and develop the team, ensuring performance, team engagement, and driving continuous improvement
- Maintain work instructions and SOP’s, key inspection points and records for all hygiene processes and procedures.
- Maintain stocks of PPE and disposables
- Liaise with waste contactors organising rubbish removal and recyclable materials, maintaining minimal costs
- Manage rota ensuring duties are covered and completed daily
- Manage fire safety policy / procedures, including management of the fire system infrastructure, periodic evacuation drills and regular inspection and tests
- Work cooperatively with contracted security Management Company to build effective communication strategies on security matters
- Manage and control site access and CCTV control systems
- Design and implement company environmental management system
- Manage the implementation of a formal waste management system
- Ensure regular and effective communication on all health, safety and environmental matters
You will be an excellent communicator and strong influencer, experienced with problem solving. You will be an analytical thinker, with tenacity, driving for results.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.