North West England
+44 (0)151 666 8968
over 1 year ago
As soon as possible
My client is an established North West based manufacturing business. Due to growth, they are looking to add a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Author to their team on a permanent basis.
With a global reach, this organisation continues to grow month on month. They manufacturing a niche future proof product and are looking to break into new markets to allow the organisation to continue on their positive growth trend.
This role is a key hire which will allow the business to continue to foster a safe environment for all employees as they expand their manufacturing capability.
The role will include;
- Authoring SDSs and conducting product classifications for supply and transport.
- Provide regulatory support to colleagues and customers concerning the classification of products.
- Preparing Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and label recommendations in compliance with relevant global regulations and company policies.
- Researching various regulatory and HSE requirements (chemical composition, hazard evaluation, fire protection, handling and storage requirements, selection of PPE, transportation classification, chemical inventory status, etc.).
- Understanding and be familiar with applicable international, European and national regulations (i.e. GHS, CLP, REACH).
- Coordinating with the business sectors and their suppliers to collect and determine adequacy of available information.
- Using software tools to prepare SDS.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- Degree in Chemistry or related scientific focus OR a number of years experience in a similar role.
- Writing and managing Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively and to confidently identify and liaise with an external supplier
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.