£36000 - £40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
6 months ago
We currently have a fantastic opportunity in Chorley for a Senior Highways Engineer. Our client is a leading contractor in the UK Highways industry, they predominately work on major Highways improvements to complete renewals of roads.
Ideally they are looking for Permanent members of staff where they will offer professional development and great benefits along with a competitive salary, on occasions they will look at contract roles so please get in contact if you are considering your next career move or looking for a new contract.
- Undertaking services within an engineering environment which may include (but are not limited to); scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
- Managing the delivery of technical outputs of project teams.
- Acting as Lead Designer on work undertaken by the team.
- Contributing to technical excellence and innovation across the team.
- Ensuring personal utilisation targets are met.
- Contributing to Value Management / Engineering to support Principal Engineers and Project Managers in ensuring that schemes are delivered with innovation.
- Communicate, deliver and implement improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects.
- Carrying out the checking and certifying of design deliverables (including drawings specifications, professional skill and care certificates, reports and contract documents), and authorising where appropriate.
- Providing technical input to brief responses and proposals for new work.
- Ensuring that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company’s management systems including Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Developing the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring Engineers, Technicians and Graduates and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
- Supporting managers with provision of information on the technical performance of staff for performance appraisal purposes.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.