£17.53 - £17.81 per hour, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Overtime, Good other benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
over 1 year ago
£17.53 per hour, holiday, pension, overtime, other benefits
Shift based: 6am – 1pm and 1pm – 8pm (also nights option if desired)
A fantastic opportunity to join an expanding FTSE 250 global manufacturing business with over 75 years of history, supporting a broad range of industry sectors across Oil & Gas, Marine, Power Generation, Water & Sewage and Mining. Due to ongoing company expansion and workload has led to the requirement to add to their CNC team.
Our client design and manufacture hydraulic and pneumatic valves in accordance ISO 9000-2001 design and then machine and manufacture these parts before assembly and distribution. Are you a skilled CNC Miller that can work on a range of 4 & 5 axis milling machines in editing/taking programs from the database on Fanuc or Mazatrol?
The ideal individual will be able to optimise speed and feed, correct problem areas and update
where necessary. You’ll be expected to choose appropriate tooling and work holding, probe and prove out tooling, run through job and obtain first article inspection checks.
- Time served/ Apprenticeship OR Relevant engineering qualification e.g. HNC Mechanical
- Engineering or CNC setting with a minimum of 5 years working experience as a Miller.
- Skills /Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a setter
- Capable of setting a range of machine tools – minimum 4 axis millers
- Good knowledge of materials, particularly 316 stainless, duplex, nitronic, Inconel
- Must be able to edit programme in Fanuc or Mazatrol
- Able to read and understand machine tool programmes - specifically Fanuc or Mazatrol
- Good understanding of tooling grades
- An understanding of speeds and feeds, impact on tool life, cycle time and where to optimise
- depending on the job in hand
- Can use and interpret inspection hand tools; surface finish tester, shadow graph, height gauge,
- mics, verniers, thread gauges, bore plug gauges, cmm
- An understanding of macro programming would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.