£35000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus, Overtime, Holiday, Van, Pension
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 year ago
Luton (Covering Stevenage, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead)
£35k, plus company van, bonus, OT, 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday, 37 hours (7:30 to 4 Mon‐Thurs & 7:30 to 3 Fri)
A fantastic opportunity to join an expanding FTSE250 global manufacturing business with over 75 years of history, supporting a broad range of industry sectors across Oil & Gas, Marine, Power Generation, Water & Sewage and Mining. This role will be joining their expanding field team of with over 36 UK based engineers already. The role is responsible for the installation, inspection, service and repair of actuators and associated equipment on Water and Waste Water, Petrochemical, Offshore Oil, Gas and Power Generation sites.
Should you have a background working in the field on customer sites installing industrial or heavy commercial equipment or machinery in an associated industry then we would like to hear from you.
Our client operate 3 UK manufacturing plants wither over 1000 employees and have a strong European and global presence. This role will join their after sale services team working on client sites, therefore someone used to working in a field based working environment with good customer facing skills is necessary.
The working hours on the role are based for leaving the house and travel should be expected to 1-2 hours to client site on occasion less on occasion more. Our client will provide full training, which will take place for 1-2 weeks in Bath once you start in the role, so it’s expected you will stay away at our clients expense during this time. There will also be an opportunity to accrue some overtime in this role amounting to £2-3k per year.
The role includes the following duties:
- To identify faults, repair and test/commission actuators in the field.
- To modify/upgrade actuators in the field.
- Carry out inspections/health checks on our clients actuators.
- Carry out mechanical and sometimes electrical installation of actuators and associated retrofit adaption components, pedestals and drive shafts.
- To produce site visit reports for each job
- To produce and submit accurate and detailed expense claims on a weekly basis.
- To produce risk assessments and review/amend method statements in line with site requirements.
- To occasionally carry out a detailed valve survey collecting mechanical data/dimensions.
- To give basic set up training to customers if required.
- To promote the capabilities of Service and Site Projects Department and identify business opportunities.
- To keep the company vehicle clean undamaged and maintained in good repair in accordance with the maker’s service schedule.
Qualified mechanical or electrical engineer (preference electrical)
Background working in a field based industrial or heavy commercial engineering environment, this is a level above domestic installation and service work.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be required to travel extensively at short notice; therefore a full, clean driving licence is required.
Proficient Microsoft Office user i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel
Able to attend training courses to attain Safety Passport, Confined Space and First Aid Competence.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.