£45 - £50 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8908
over 1 year ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in Merseyside for a Development Management Team Manager to lead the team during a time of exciting development and growth.
The client is delivering on three Town Centre masterplans and progressing the development of five further sustainable urban extension sites. They have secured over £42m of Combined Authority Single Investment Fund projects to be delivered over the next two years.
The successful candidate will manage a team of planners and technical support staff and lead the delivery of the Council's development management service. You will have the chance to work remotely 1 day per week and the council offer a flexible working scheme as well.
- To lead and manage the Development Management, Planning Enforcement and Design and Heritage Teams including business planning, setting targets, monitoring performance, appraisals, and recruitment, whilst also managing annual leave, flexible working, sickness, discipline and expenses claims for the teams.
- To ensure the efficient and professional processing of planning applications, appeals and other workloads within the team to meet customer requirements, local and national performance targets and Business Plan objectives.
- To ensure that the preparation of planning application reports and other items for Planning Committee are to a high standard and on time.
- To prepare and present planning application reports to Planning Committee and in the absence of the Head of Planning Services, to provide advice to the committee on planning matters.
- To monitor the performance and quality of team work/outputs, providing coaching and support to others where necessary, to ensure the delivery of corporate and Service Plan objectives to agreed standards and budgets.
As Development Management Team Manager, you will:
- Have experience in a planning management post in a UK Local Authority, or be ready to step up from Principal level.
- Be available for an initial 6 months with potential for extension beyond this period.
The client is offering a fantastic pay rate between £45-50 per hour for this role, which will be inside IR35.
To speak about this position or similar opportunities in this field, please contact Ollie Melton on 0151 666 8977 or email your CV today.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.