£45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: up to 15% bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8953
2 months ago
This Senior Regulatory Officer will be a member of the Technical Services team guiding marketing teams, supply functions, project teams, and the Design and Development team to ensure that products are legally compliant in their relevant markets, and advising on existing and forthcoming regulatory issues primarily in the fields of food labelling, nutrition, health and other marketing claims, composition, pesticides and contaminants.
The successful Senior Regulatory Officer will ideally be degree qualified / equivalent in food science or other scientific subject, technical or legal discipline and have a proven ability in providing regulatory advice to commercial teams. An in-depth understanding of UK, EU and international food legislation is essential for this role as well as a high level knowledge of nutrition and health claims legislation and related UK advertising standards.
Senior Regulatory Officer responsibilities:
• Impart knowledge and awareness of forthcoming regulatory changes
• Conduct regulatory risk assessments to influence and inform decision making.
• Identify regulatory solutions to support in the delivery of site short and long term plans.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of existing and forthcoming UK, EU and international food regulations and communicate these effectively to support the business.
• Support the development of ingredient and product specifications to ensure that the relevant legal and technical requirements are addressed during the procurement process.
• Liaises with qualified third parties to deliver advice and guidance on all aspects of food law to ensure the Company’s compliance with all UK and international laws.
• Liaise with external bodies and associations from the public and private sectors, for example Trading Standards, trade associations, Department of Health, DEFRA, certification bodies.
• Conduct product label approvals to support Marketing teams’ activities in line with the service level agreement and following the pack copy and artwork sign off process.
• Ensure nutrition, health and other marketing claims comply with appropriate regulations and advertising standards.
• Carry out ingredient and finished product compliance checks to ensure suitability in intended markets consistently provide regulatory support for product communications including advertising, online and point of sale.
• Coordinate responses to technical consumer queries.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.