£29 - £37 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8977
7 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in London for a Senior Planning Officer to join one of London's most active Development Management services.
The client is an exciting, growing local authority with great plans for the future, under new leadership. Their offices are easily accessible via car or public transport with great connections to the city.
As Senior Planning Officer you will be playing a key role in their project to remove a backlog of planning applications, and developing your leadership skills by overseeing the work of junior officers.
- To lead negotiations on planning applications, including significant complex development proposals to achieve outcomes to meet Council objectives.
- To provide timely and relevant advice in relation to strategic developments and Householder/other to Council members, relevant Committees, Public Inquiries, public meetings and local people.
- To ensure that there is full and effective engagement of public and stakeholders in the process.
- To provide support and supervision, as required, to planners and graduate planners.
As Planning Officer, you will:
- Have experience in a development management planning role within a UK Local Authority.
- Be available for an initial 4-6 months with potential for extension beyond this period.
The client is offering a pay rate between £29-37 per hour dependent on how you choose to be paid, however may be open to further negotiation based on experience and a strong interview.
To speak about this position or similar opportunities in this field, please contact Ollie Melton on 0151 666 8977 or email your CV today.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.