£33000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8943
about 1 year ago
This role is based at the head office and is NOT field based, but you will supervise and manage a field based engineering team who are located across the UK and Ireland. This vacancy would suit a Field Engineer / who would like to step away from field duties and be solely site based.
37.5 hours per week, Full time, Permanent
Benefits: 33 days annual leave, Death in service, Discounted Private Healthcare, Pension scheme, Childcare vouchers, mobile phone, laptop
Field Service Supervisor - Key responsibilities:
- Assist the Field Service Manager in the overall operation of the Field Service Department.
- Responsible for all Field Service Engineers located in UK and Ireland
- Manage the allocation of tasks to the Field Service team in order maximise the efficiency / effectiveness of the resources available
- Management of Validation and Service Documentation from generation to completion including updating any electronic databases and/or software applications.
- Receipt of initial call, register and triage of all service desk notifications
- Client support and aftercare.
- Management of test equipment, tools and parts for use by the Field Service Team.
- Order Processing
- Ordering / reconciling replacement parts for use by the Field Service Team
- Manage travel arrangements to optimise time available for site attendance within cost parameters agreed with Field Service manager
- Adopt and develop a flexible working approach in order to ensure that all activities are completed in an efficient / timely manner.
Competencies and Skills:
- An outgoing, dynamic personality who has the ability to perform in a fast-paced working environment and can adapt to changes in requirements/requests at short notice.
- Excellent planning and organising skills are essential for this role which heavily includes prioritisation of own workload and that of the Field Service Team.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to troubleshoot client issues whilst maximising equipment uptime.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Possess the ability to work on own initiative and be part of a wider team working towards the fulfilment of client requirement and Source Bioscience business’ needs.
- Experience and/or knowledge of controlled environment equipment for use in the pharmaceutical and contract laboratory sector would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of working within a repair, maintenance, and/or validation organisation preferable.
Application via email or phone 0151 666 8943 (Paul Bradley)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.