£35000 - £37000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
over 1 year ago
Shifts: Core hours are days, 8am-5pm, but requirement to cover shifts (days / nights) for shift manager holiday cover
A leading FMCG Food Manufacturing company with a site based in North Manchester is currently seeking a Production Shift Manager to join their team. This site has a fantastic culture and is being heavily invested in, this is a great time to join! The core hours of this role will be on days, but will have the responsibility for covering shift manager holidays on shifts. This will be pre-defined and planned well in advance, but you would need to be flexible to work a rotating shift pattern.
Your responsibility as Shift Manager will be to Lead and develop the production team to deliver against operational plans to budget whilst supporting a culture of openness, excellence, safety and performance management and continuously improving standards across the site.
Production Shift Manager summary of responsibilities:
- Promote a positive safety culture, ensuring they are aware of their and their teams’ responsibility towards safety on site. Relevant checks and paperwork completed correctly
- Monitor and continuously evaluate to use of materials whilst maintaining agreed quality standards
- Contribute to HR management of team performance including but not limited to; recruitment and interviewing, return to works, probationary reviews
- Ensure accurate recording of performance data and utilise relevant information on downtime and efficiency to continuously improve performance.
- Ensure product quality is achieved and maintained throughout the manufacturing process by adherence to technical specifications and quality assurance processes.
- Identify areas where improvements to output can be achieved whilst maintaining quality standards and minimising waste. Fosters a culture of continuous improvement
- Control Hygiene and Housekeeping practices and follow up actions identified in GMP audits within an agreed timescale.
- Participate in company initiatives on training and development of both yourself and others.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.