£26000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Sick Pay, Life Assurance
+44 (0)151 666 8999
over 1 year ago
£26000 – 40000 depending on experience and shift, plus overtime, 33 days holiday, pension, life assurance, sick pay, call out rate (if field based)
Our client has flexibility for candidates seeking a Mon-Fri days based, rotating early and late shift and night shift.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business with over 70 years experience and a fantastic reputation within the industrial sector for the repair and service of electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment. The business has a team of 10 engineers already within this department and due to demand are looking to add to this, supporting industries such as Automotive, Distribution and Supply Chain, Food , Rail and the MOD.
The client operate a 24/7 facility with a well equipped workshop but also a mobile service for their clients.
The role will be joining their drives and controls team, looking after the inspection, evaluation, repair and test of various types of electronic equipment. This role will be based out of their site in Stoke-on-Trent in the workshop, but would have the scope to develop into attending client sites and being more customer facing in the future should the candidate have a desire to develop their career in this way. This would involve working within 1-2 hours of Stoke on client sites completing repairs and ongoing maintenance, and would further increase your earning potential opportunity.
Should you be someone who loves being a problem solver and would prefer to work for a subcontract business, where you will experience a wide variety of challenges, working alongside other experienced engineers then this environment would suit you well.
The role will suit a candidate with the ability to conduct the following duties:
- Fault finding
- Dismantling and assessment
- Repair and testing
- Updating systems and software with findings, work required, spare parts, materials and labour
- Make maximum effective use of equipment ensuring that it is maintained in good working order
- Employ good house keeping practices to increase efficiency and avoid accidents
- Communicating with all members of staff and as and where required suppliers & customers required
- suppliers & customer
- Ability to interpret diagrams
- Fault find PCB’s to component level
- Knowledge of OEM’s equipment such as Siemens, Fanuc, Indramat, Allen Bradley, Control Techniques
- Background in diagnosis, fault finding and repair
- Ability to reverse engineer
- Ability to solder through hole and/or surface mount PCB’s
A successful track record within the repair industry
Time served background Electronics to C&G or HND/Degree level
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.