£30 - £35 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 2 months ago
This post located in the Welsh Government’s office in Cathays Park, Cardiff is required to manage the motorway and trunk roads sign and lining asset and associated programmes of work as well as providing the authorisation of non-prescribed signs in Wales.
- Act as a focal point for all issues relating to traffic signing and associated policies adopted by Welsh Government (WG) Transport, thereby ensuring consistent good practise throughout Wales.
- Liaise with Department for Transport (DfT), devolved administrations, Highways England (HE), Welsh Unitary Authorities and industry bodies with regard to all new developments, policies and standards affecting traffic signing, road markings and associated assets.
- Maintain and build on knowledge regulations and standards relating to highway operation, maintenance and design with an emphasis on traffic signing and road markings.
- Review for compliance with standards all new and replacement Trunk Road signing schemes, and arrange for the preparation of working drawings of prescribed bilingual traffic signs for issue to local authorities and sign manufacturers.
- Authorise all non-prescribed traffic signs for use throughout Wales.
- Facilitate the delivery of tourism signing for eligible businesses and work with colleagues across WG in delivering goals of current programme for government where the provision of traffic signing on the trunk road network plays a key role.
- As required manage and provide direction to external consultants in relation to both signing activities and development control.
Ideally an engineer/ technician with experience of the design and maintenance of highway signs and lines, technician and graduate engineers with more general highway engineering experience will also be considered.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.