£40 - £45 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 1 year ago
These posts, one of which is located in Welsh Government’s office in Llandudno Junction, the other in Welsh Government’s office in Cathays Park Cardiff, are required to oversee the day to day operation, maintenance and improvement the motorway and trunk road network in specific areas of Wales.
- To manage a number of specific trunk road routes within Wales;
- To act as the Welsh Government focal point for liaison with the Agent and other stakeholders for all aspects of delivery of revenue work and capital schemes by the Agent;
- To provide advice as required to the public, Programme Delivery Manager and senior management team and contribute to advice to the Cab Sec/Assembly Members on matters related to the management and maintenance of the trunk road and motorway network;
- To contribute to the development of a programme of maintenance and structural renewal for the area covered by the post (via the NMD planning team) and to ensure that the approved programme is efficiently managed, including the associated budget, and execution by the appropriate Trunk Road Agent;
- To identify problems and initiate investigations into maintenance work or improvements to the trunk road and motorway network;
- Provide technical advice and guidance as and when required.
An chartered or incorporated engineer with a sound understanding of the technical standards and procedural requirements governing the highway design, maintenance, operation and highway project/contract management of the trunk road and motorway network.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.