£35 - £40 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 1 year ago
Our Client is currently seeking a Drainage Engineer to support the team that manage the motorway and trunk road drainage asset and associated works programmes.
• To act as Transport’s ‘drainage technical expert’ and be the point of contact within the Transport Department to address all drainage queries, correspondence and complaints received from TRA’s, IDD, internal and external stakeholders and members of the public.
• To provide scrutiny, feedback and technical input on Development Control applications received through the LPA statutory planning process and internal Section 278 interfaces, to ensure external third party proposals do not risk the trunk road drainage network and the maximise benefits of the proposals to the trunk road and motorway networks.
• To liaise with and advise external stakeholders in the development and updating of statutory design guidance documentation, through the ongoing DMRB/MCHW review and update process in collaboration with Highways England. To ensure all WG requirements and concerns are incorporated into the new documents.
• To identify, establish and prioritise WG’s annual and 5 year programme of drainage inspection, assessment, maintenance, upgrade, improvement schemes.
• To review, manage and prioritise Drainage management programmes and initiatives in accordance with Welsh Assembly Government, National standards and European directives
Ideally an engineer/ technician with experience of the design and maintenance of highway drainage systems, technician and graduate engineers with more general highway engineering experience will also be considered.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.