competitive + package
+44 (0)151 666 8952
over 1 year ago
Due to steady growth and new project wins my client is looking to grow their EC&I team at their head office near Wigan. They specialise in nuclear decommissioning and waste retrieval projects across the UK and are currently looking for a Lead EC&I Engineer to join their team to promote ongoing project delivery.
The Lead EC&I engineer will have demonstrable experience post degree qualification covering a range of engineering and/or technical topics including design, analysis, specification, safety case support, installation, commissioning including experience of coordinating delivery through a supply chain. Broad project experience would be advantageous as many of the clients projects are cradle to grave, offering exposure from concept through to completion. A nuclear industry background is not essential as other process industry experience will be considered.
Role Summary and Responsibilities
The Lead EC&I Engineer will be accountable for the technical definition and delivery of all projects; ensuring that design solutions are fit for purpose, integrated and satisfy the project functional specification requirements.
They will ensure that processes and activities are robust and capable of extending from detail design through to eventual handover of the plant for active operations and will liaise with the client to support the engineering delivery team, through the assurance process, leading to an acceptance of the design.
As part of the engineering leadership team, the Lead EC&I Engineer will ensure that the behaviours and values on the project, are communicated, observed, implemented and practiced for all roles.
The work will include, but is not, limited to;
- Verification of RPE design documentation
- Engineering support for tenders and bids
- Optioneering and concept design
- Risk analysis
- Design requirements capture and design substantiation in safety applications
- Technical report and specification writing
- Test specification for module and factory testing
- O&M Manual authoring
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis and reliability calculations
- Diversity Analysis
- Detailed design and manufacturing support,
- Works testing and site commissioning
The following criteria would be advantageous but are not essential:
- Engineering or Science degree (Electrical preferred) OR HNC
- Corporate member of one or more relevant professional institutions (ideally the IET)
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or Scientist.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.